NIA Antique IMO personnel and the farmers of San Rafael, Patnongon Communal IA, Inc gathered for a Resource Mapping Meeting under the Enhanced Partnership Against Hunger and Poverty (EPAHP) on August 14, 2021.
EPAHP aims to improve the lives of Filipino people as one of the banner programs of the Inter- Agency Task Force on Zero Hunger, which intends to end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture in the Philippines.
On December 9, 2019, NIA had signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with partner agencies under this program with the following obligations:
1. Assist participating IAs in its production and timely deliveries of food items required by the institutional feeding programs of the government.
2. Provide corollary support services to participating IAs by rehabilitationg and improving necessary irrigation facilities for improved farm productivity.
3. Provide capacity building and organizational strengthening assistance to IAs to engance participation in the EPAHP.
4. Assist IAs to link with National Government Agencies (NGAs) and non-government organizations (NGOs) in mobilizing resources for the production, processing and post harvesting facilities of agricultural produce to be supplied to the feeding program of the government.
5. Assist the concerned Community-Based Organizations (CBOs) in accessing credit from microfinance institutions and other credit institutions.